Mid-Term Business Plan “To Be a Good Company 2017”
Under our previous mid-term business plan, “Innovation and Execution 2014,” we made steady efforts to improve the profitability of auto insurance and other products, to further improve our operational efficiency, and to provide competitive products and services while expanding our sales platform. By pursuing these objectives, we have made positive progress towards our goal of establishing a business operation that can consistently achieve a combined ratio in the region of 95%.
Looking to our business environment, we are aware that the environment surrounding the non-life insurance industry is changing at an unprecedented pace due to factors such as increasing numbers of large-scale natural disasters, an aging and shrinking population combined with urban concentration, and technological advances in various fields.
Under the new mid-term business plan, we will remain committed to becoming a company which provides customers with a sense of security, selected by customers and constantly grows. In order to turn changes into opportunities and continue playing an essential role for our clients and the societies we operate in, we will implement three key “Changes”: “Change how we are selected by our customers,” “Change how we work,” and “Change our good corporate culture constantly for the better.” Furthermore, we aim to become the most successful company in Japan where people can grow and develop. Through these initiatives, we will sharpen the level of the sense of security which we provide to our customers into a value truly unique to our company, and convert the support and trust we earn from customers into top-line growth, thereby achieving continuous profit growth.
2.The Path to Achieving Our Vision
Implementing Three “Changes”
- “Change” how we are selected by our customers
- We will endeavor to be selected by our customers by turning changes in the business environment into opportunities through “deepening connections with our customers” and “taking advantage of market shifts in our next steps.”
- Deepening connections with our customers
- Sharpening the life and non-life integrated business model
Sophistication of risk consulting services (assurance for both pre-loss and post-loss)
Strengthening the competitiveness of our claims services
- Taking advantage of market shifts in our next steps
- Responding to emerging risks
Supporting Japanese companies expanding globally
Contributing to the success of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- “Change” how we work
- Our employees will pursue high-productivity work styles to provide our customers with even greater added value.
- “Change” our good corporate culture constantly for the better
- While protecting our open and dynamic corporate culture which is our company’s DNA, we will not be complacent with the status quo and further evolve our corporate culture into an even more favorable one that develops and attracts people.
The most successful company in Japan where people can grow and develop
The insurance business is based on the commitment to be there for our customers in times of need, so our people and their trustworthiness and reliability are crucial. With this in mind, we will devote ceaseless efforts to further gain the trust and support of our customers and the societies we operate in, focusing on human resource development by aiming to become the most successful company in Japan where people can grow and develop, with a vibrant and proactive talent pool and organization as our driving force.